"I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me
that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them."
~ L.M. Montgomery
- I read everything I can get my hands on, but I do lean toward Young Adult, Middle Grade, and Graphic Novels. I particularly enjoy fantasy and historical fiction as well as well-written biographies and memoirs. You can see some of my favorite books on the GoodReads widget below.
- In addition to reading, I also enjoy writing. I have participated in National Novel Writing Month several times and love the thrill of watching a story take shape.
- I am a member of the praise band at City Light Church. I almost majored in music and it is still an important part of my life. In addition to the praise band, I also lead music at City Light's children's ministry, which includes choosing the music and teaching some basic sign language to go along with the songs.
- I also lead the City Light Women's Ministry, which involves creating and leading a monthly Bible study (we have studied the Fruit of the Spirit and lesser known women of the Bible) and organizing a variety of events throughout the year.
- I enjoy photography and playing with simple video editing. One of my favorite videos is of my sister, brother, and me building a "Tour de Livre."
- I am as eclectic in my viewing tastes as I am in my reading habits. I love a good story told through television. A few of my favorites are Veronica Mars, Scrubs, Netfix's A Series of Unfortunate Events, Doctor Who, The Walking Dead, Lost, and a variety of currently airing shows. I also attend the movies regularly ($5 movie nights!) and enjoy everything from action/adventure to science fiction to drama to romantic comedies to animated films.
- I love to travel and have had the opportunity to visit France, London, Italy, Prince Edward Island, and places closer to home like Niagara Falls, Lake Erie, Darien Lake, and Toronto. You can see some of my favorite places in the gallery below.
- You can also check out some of my Professional Interests.